Wednesday 21 April 2010

Body Modification


Unfortunately I couldn’t get to last week’s lecture of tattoo’s and body modification, a subject which I am interested in as I have tattoo’s.

Upon reading the lecture posted on WOLF I came across a point that made me think, ‘Religious Most major religions (Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Confucianism) have been against body modification at one part of their existence. As the body is created by God it is an attack on him to change it from its natural state and thus is deviant.’

This contradicted with another point, ‘Religious Reasons Modification occurring as an integral part of a religious ceremony, all major religions have or have had body modification as an integral part either sanctioned or unofficially.’
Such as Judaism, they believe in circumcisions, but surely, if god created us in his own image, this body modification is unjust?






No comments:

Post a Comment